- First, synchronise your device (iPhone, iPad, etc) with iTunes 10.5. Alternatively you can turn on "Automatic Downloads" in Edit > Preferences > Store.
- Turn on Home Sharing (Advanced > Turn On Home Sharing) on the computer that has the apps. Enter the username / password (lets call this the "main" account)
- Go to your other computer on the same network and turn on home sharing. Enter the credentials of the "main" account to authorise this computer. You will get a message showing you how many computers out of 5 have access to the main account.
- Under the SHARED entry on the left you will see "main's library". Click once on this heading and wait for the drop-down arrow to appear, then click on the arrow and you will see Music, Films, TV, Apps, and Playlists. Select Apps and you will see a list of apps purchased by the main account.
- Drag and drop apps from the list in the main window into your LIBRARY list on the left
- Connect your secondary iPhone / iPod and sync. Now you have any apps purchased by the other user!
|The SHARED list in iTunes|
- On the main iTunes account click on Store > Authorise this computer
- Enter the credentials of the second account
- Copy apps from the second account to this one, as above
This is working between an iPhone 4 with iOS 4x and an iPhone 4S with iOS 5x.
Please post comments here.